STRATEGIC MEDIA, INC., Portland, Maine
Copywriter, February 2018-Present
• Write compelling, clear, and strategic copy for audio advertising campaigns on terrestrial, satellite, streaming radio and podcasts.
• Proofread and edit copy.
• Review and analyze ad performance. Adjust messaging or write additional scripts as needed to improve results and meet clients’ marketing goals.
• Assist Production team in choosing the best voice(s) and music (if applicable) to represent the product. Offer feedback and suggestions throughout the production process.
• Write/ghostwrite blog posts to increase traffic to company website.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SANTA CRUZ, Santa Cruz, California
MA/Credential in Education Program Assistant, May 2016-July 2017
• Provided broad administrative support to the Program Director, faculty, and teacher supervisors.
• Managed and trained others on the implementation and use of data information systems.
• Coordinated student teacher placements in K-12 schools.
• Collected and analyzed data for program evaluation.
• Scheduled and coordinated all MA/C Program events.
• Trained and supervised student assistants.
UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO, San Francisco, California
Program Assistant-MFA in Writing, June 2014-April 2016
• Managed the Program Office under the guidance of the Program Directors.
• Served as director of social media, promoting alumni news, events, and calls for submissions on the Program’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
• Coordinated the annual admissions process, semesterly registration, and advising of graduate students.
• Planned events for the USF community and general public.
• Booked travel arrangements and accommodations for faculty, staff, students, and visiting writers.
• Hired, trained, and supervised student assistants.
ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY, San Francisco, California
Online Course Captioning Transcriber, March 2011-March 2014
• Wrote transcripts of educational videos for use in online courses.
• Edited transcripts according to AP Stylebook and in-house guidelines.
Liberal Arts Instructor & Tutor, January-December 2010
• Taught three semesters of Perspective Journalism to undergraduate students, developing their logical reasoning, expository writing, and editing skills through textual analysis, critique, and discussion.
• Promoted independent learning in at-risk students through one-on-one tutoring sessions designed to overcome learning problems and strengthen study skills.
Online Coordinator, Curriculum, March 2009-March 2011
• Synchronized one of the fastest-growing online education programs in the country through daily communication with all academic departments.
• Published announcements and discussion topics in all online classrooms.
• Developed marketing website through editing and generating new content.
HEYDAY BOOKS, San Francisco, California
Editorial Intern, 2008
• Read unsolicited manuscripts, wrote rejection letters, and passed high-quality submissions to acquisitions editor for review.
• Formatted and proofread copy for publication.
SF WEEKLY, San Francisco, California
Freelance Writer, 2007-2008
• Wrote concert reviews by a 6:30 a.m. deadline for publication on SF Weekly blog.
FOURTEEN HILLS LITERARY MAGAZINE, San Francisco, California
Editorial Assistant, 2007
• Worked as part of a team to select and edit fiction for publication.
• Organized and hosted a fundraiser reading and release party.
M.F.A. Creative Writing,Antioch University, in progress
M.A. English: Creative Writing, San Francisco State University, 2008, summa cum laude
B.A. English (Honors), University of Missouri-Columbia, 2004, magna cum laude
Study Abroad Program, St. Mary’s College, Twickenham, U.K., 2003
Microsoft Office, Access, PeopleSoft, PowerPoint, Concur, FileMaker Pro, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Final Cut Pro, CMS, InDesign, JIRA, conversational Spanish, music performance.